March 28, 2024, 09:14:24 AM
Some.. thoughts (will update)
Read 11954 times

Docucat

• Bandit
  • Posts26
Well I was thinking a little bit and I somewhat think that current graphics (well, maybe little updates) may even suite this game better than more fancy ones, they kinda give their own feel to game, just a thought.

I will add some ideas and more thoughts tomorrow :)

Update 1 :

Crafting, building, gathering :
Taking literally any object from game world and having possibility to use it somehow.
>Making your home / base / temporary camp / castle ?
>Digging out bushes and herbs to plant them in your own place (with chance of success on each action)
>Chopping trees and destroying wooden structures (with limitations) to get wood (lets face it, you for example want planks for you fence, why not destroy some random villagers face, take the materials and build that fence)
>Skills associated with building, gardening, herbalist, loads of skills to add after leveling up, for example swimming skill - not everyone know how to swim, me for example
>Hired npcs to guard your home / base, that can be assigned to different roles (gardening, guard duty, builder...)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:39:21 AM by Docucat »

Jeff

• Bandit
  • Posts19
I agree with you. They may look a little quirky, but they help to set up the overall feel of the game. They're reminiscent of Everquest and are a living proof that graphics don't make a game that better.

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217
Well, I on the contrary, think the game could use of textures and models at least slightly more appealing to the eye. But my main concern graphic wise, isn't about models or texture, but rather animations, which are what essentially makes most youtubers mock the game after the bad english and bugs/crashes. But well, I know that's probably wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 17:11:45 PM by Minister of Death »

Docucat

• Bandit
  • Posts26
I agree on animations.
Some more ideas (may be posted already, so sorry):
Crafting, building, gathering :
Taking literally any object from game world and having possibility to use it somehow.
>Making your home / base / temporary camp / castle ?
>Digging out bushes and herbs to plant them in your own place (with chance of success on each action)
>Chopping trees and destroying wooden structures (with limitations) to get wood (lets face it, you for example want planks for you fence, why not destroy some random villagers face, take the materials and build that fence)
>Skills associated with building, gardening, herbalist, loads of skills to add after leveling up, for example swimming skill - not everyone know how to swim, me for example
>Hired npcs to guard your home / base, that can be assigned to different roles (gardening, guard duty, builder...)

So this was a little about crafting :D

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217
Minecraft with swords in other words... oh wait a second! Minecraft does have swords!

Docucat

• Bandit
  • Posts26
Not really mining and that kind of stuff no. This has more similarities with Archeage housing + additional features. Just a possibility to choose house style and then gather resources for it, similar with taking over towns later.
Imagine building everything from zero and them later having even own city.

This starts to go to the side of mount and blade but still.. more things to do is always better.

Additional things :
>Evil/Competitor heroes - not sure how exactly to implement this, but idea is that there are some other characters (npcs but with their own mission), that act as player - go around, gather party, do quests, but he does it much slower than actual player (to not make it overpowered, still if not dealt he may get too strong to handle), this npc will later attack player, so player is interested to find signs that he was near and try to kill him before he gets too strong. This can be associated with some large quest line as well.

>Guilds - player may join different guilds/factions, each give some kind of bonuses, if player do quest he may make custom guild and choose bonus abilities, then he can recruit npc to guild (not all will join). Guild members to not ask for money when joining and can be commanded by player (not directly) so as they will actually wear what player tells them to wear( if he in higher guild rank than his companion).

>Main quest line - player must proceed some kind of main quest line, it will add more roleplay elements, even if quest cant be finished yet, some signs about its presence will help.

>Animal/monster companions - chance to tame wolf for hunter of finding wolf cubs what can be rised to be companions. So as there may be rare chance to find intelligent goblins or other monsters what may have their ovn quests and may even be recruited (somehow remembered that goat man quest in first diablo)

>Conflicts with party members -members generate with some hidden stats what act as their beliefs and personality traits, if one or more of them differ too much, these characters dont like each other. So as most of human characters would not like monster companion.

>More exploration - unique places, hidden things, just large areas where to walk around and possibly find some loot hidden. Just another type of woods or wilderness places with large area to explore.

>Birds, rabbits, more wildlife - guess planned alredy.

>Gathering leather and furs from animals, maybe teeth.
Fur/leather for armour
teeth/fangs - for some custon armour, amulets, maybe arrowheads :D ?

>Amulets, rings and weapon bonuses - + strengh and so on

>Some ares in map only reached when going through caves and woods, maybe way to get to other map parts, way must be hard, but not rewarding enough to use as place for leveling up/loot .

>Bards in taverns - not singing, but at least playing some generic melody at least.

>I know more  beards/hair ... customization is already posted. Additional may be fat/muscular choice.

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217

>I know more  beards/hair ... customization is already posted. Additional may be fat/muscular choice.

Maybe even super fat enemies eh?

;) :D

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217

YES YES ! :D Kill him before he eats you :D

Big fat guy:mmm a forumite... looks like a donut!

Quite happily, this game offers lots of bows to defend ourselves.

Jeff

• Bandit
  • Posts19
I don't know if I should be disturbed or amused by this piece of art...

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217
You should be amused at disturbing levels of this modern art masterpiece.

Docucat

• Bandit
  • Posts26
Spoiler - It is an end boss. He is called Fatty Mac Fatso the Fat

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217
That information is actually accurate, I took a peek in the staff forums and they were talking about that boss. Apparently this guy has 123,456 gp on his body, so it'll be worth it. Also, if you die by this monster's hands ig, you also die in real life, the only reason he isn't in the game yet is because tomashu is worried about possibly making the real life world crash!

I guess that explains why CaRPG tends to corrupt my saves; someone put a fat guy in my computer ;)

Just wanted to comment that IMO the competitor heroes are a pretty good idea. It'd be especially cool if combined with the main quest, if the competitor heroes were also competing to complete the main quest; perhaps with a difficulty level for the heroes (or the game overall) which will determine how fast they can get things done and how powerful they are in combat. T'would also be cool for multiplayer, if you could select between a co-op mode (which is what we have now, where everyone is in the same party and helping each other) and a competitive mode (where everyone is alone or in small groups, the AI competitor heroes are turned off or reduced in number, and each person/group is competing to complete the main quest).

That'd be pretty damn amazing if you ask me, especially if the main quest line could also be somehow randomly generated.

Minister of Death

• Hero
  • Posts217
Not bad at all. But it could create unfairness as the ones who couldn't get their hands on some select equipment like the legendary artifacts would be at great disadvantage against the one lucky guy who got them. I actually like the idea of multiple multiplayer modes.

As for the fat guy living inside your pc issue, have you tried installing something like this in your pc?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 23:16:15 PM by Minister of Death »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Verification: