October 17, 2017, 22:45:31 PM
Crash Files
Read 1275 times

Medarc

• Posts4
Hello, I have been having trouble loading games, sometimes I save one and then move a short distance and save again as backup but most of the time they all end up not working anyways. I try various things to get save files to consistently work when saving but can't.

I would say out of all the frequent times I save (ironically because I'm afraid of losing my progress) probably over 30,  3 files ever worked. I will try making a new game and install,  and doing as little as possible in it at one time and then saving 1 by 1 to figure which things may be causing crashing save files.

I am uploading 1 working save file, 2 files that crash with error before loading, My computer specifications, and 1 save file that freeze crashes without error whenever it advances a day by moving on world map or sleeping at the inn.

I really enjoy this game, If I knew how to program I'd enjoy helping with development and debugging.
Thank you for your time and effort on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q8q3tck28xspes/Medarc%20crash%20files.zip?dl=0

Medarc

• Posts4
Here is the crash directory and the log.txt
also I haven't noticed any patterns for the save crashes, but I haven't been exactly looking for them in particular.
I will be doing tests with a new install and saves just for this reason to give more feedback.

If you have any information let me know
thanks again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/magzfu69tufmcpd/crashes%20directory%20and%20log%20file.zip?dl=0

Minister of Death

• Posts182
Thirty saves? Are you sure you're playing the most up-to-date version?

Medarc

• Posts4
.3 is what I'm using. I just found the game a few days ago
I save before changing levels in dungeons or moving out of a town etc in case of crash sometimes twice in a row just be sure but it doesn't help usually
It seems like pure luck if it will work or not, but I'll be testing more later on in the week and post results, in the meantime if anyone knows anything from the save files let me know. If the crash files run or not , or something that can be done to fix them or even prevent future saves from corrupting with that error.

Tomashu

• Administrator
  • Posts319
Thanks for reporting this and sorry for late replay. I'll try to fix this soon, crashing saves are very annoying :|